Friday, October 10

SOTW1: Diddy Wah Diddy



Ok, my first Song of The Week choice is "Diddy Wah Diddy" by Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band.

I stumbled upon this rewatching a BBC documentary that John Peel had made about the Captain. It's up on Google Video, and is well worth a look. Compared to his more famous, Trout Mask Replica style stuff, Diddy Wah Diddy is a pretty normal affair. There's nothing wrong with that though. This is still a noisy old 60s garage-rock stomp, and I think it's good stuff. Beefheart growls and yowls away quite the thing.

The YouTube video I've posted is very rough. It's got weird numbers and stuff all over it and is quite out of sync. I've chosen it because it's the only full version of the original 'video' I can find. For a higher quality example of the tune, go HERE.

Ok, that'll do for that. Have a look and see what you think. For more info about my Song of The Week playlist, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment