Thursday, September 4

Font Fursday

Something I've been meaning to do for a while is have a bash at designing a font. After being driven mad by a recent piece of work that required a lot of handwriting, I decided to see whether I could create something which I could type that looked like how I letter by hand.

The above image shows my first attempt. It's pretty scrappy, but it's a 100% genuine typeable font. I'm quite surprised by how well it's turned out. The whole font (two slightly different alphabets, numbers and punctuation) was created in a few hours while I was playing about on Messenger.

There's a few scale issues, some wonky letters and some kerning stuff that could be better, but yeah, it'll save some time on jobs that don't require full, original text. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think I wish you would let me download it! =) What software did you use to make it? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was my idea, ha ha.
    But yes I'm too lazy and you beat me and beat me good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that that is pretty brilliant. nice one.

    ReplyDelete